ecm question

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
b2binbad

ecm question

Post by b2binbad »

will a computer from a two wheel drive 1989 ranger work in a 1986 b2 with an EGR valve. If so can I eliminate the EGR. Or is the a way to eliminate the EGR valve to eliminate the faults I'm getting??
--L
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I don't know, but I highly doubt it would work.

What faults are you getting?
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i dont see why the egr would matter. if you disconnect it you'll get codes but it should'nt have any negative effect on the engine. i know there are a couple of threads over at www.fullsizebronco.com that probably could give you a more definite answer for you.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I would say no, unless you grabed the harness and all. but then you would run into problems with connecting it to the plugs at the fire wall. best thing to do is to get one from an 86. where are you located? I thought I had one around here some where, I can look if you need it it is from an 86 with a 2.9L.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

I 've got the harness a ecm, Just getting tired of the emissions faults from the egr valve. I'll try just disconnecting the valve and ignore the faults and see what happens. Thanks n-e-how.
--L
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

the EGR is not that bad to replace. I would just fix it so it will run right and get the best gas milage. I think they run around $40 at autozone.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com