driveshaft/yoke question. Please help.

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
decible01

driveshaft/yoke question. Please help.

Post by decible01 »

I have the cv style drive shaft on the rear of my 86 4x4 B2. Well did have, I just broke it again. I know there are the ujoint style shaft that you can buy. But is there anyone who knows of a ujoint yoke that will fit the B2 transfer case and rear end. If I can find 2 yokes I can make a driveshaft for way cheaper than buying one from napa. Any info greatly appreciated. Please help.
bartmantom

Post by bartmantom »

check your local wrecking yard, you should be able to find a complete driveshaft there.
decible01

Post by decible01 »

thats where I got the drive shaft I just broke. I want to get away from the cv style and get a ujoint style. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a yoke that has the same bolt pattern.
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

The early BII's had a double cardan driveshaft. Not to be mistaken for the CV style driveshaft. There is also a single u-joint (one in each end) driveshaft that was used. The double cardan used a 1210 u-joint and attached with a yoke. The other two use flanges to attach. So you just need to find a t-case with the yoke on it.

All yokes/flanges on the 1350/1354 will interchange. If you want to upgrade get the front yoke from a 1354 t-case. It uses the larger 1310 u-joint.

I don't have any info on the rear end though.
decible01

Post by decible01 »

thanks for the help, I yound a spicer style driveshaft and installed that today. I'm ready to go break something else
Paul

Post by Paul »

well, i wanted to note that the rear bolt in flange from an explorer drive shaft should bolt into the rear axle............ just a thought....... just a friendly tip from DANA torque products ....... (spicer drive shaft division) :laugh: ....Louisville, Ky..