motor questions on switching

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Paul

motor questions on switching

Post by Paul »

:confused:
i found a 4.0 in an explorer 4x4 with the AOD tranny. truck was hit in side and the frame was trashed out.... its a complete motor with wiring harness and everything ...... my question is exactly what years are compatable for the switch over into a 1989 bronco II with a 2.9 and the 5 speed, i have a new clutch and rebuilt tranny in mine so i dont want to change the tranny out ....... so anyone know which years are compatible for the switch over without replacing the transmission.... i wouldnt do the change but i have a busted exhaust mamnifold and need to do a rebuild on the upper half of the 2.9 if i dont change it out and when pricing the parts i found the motor complete with harness with 70,000 miles on it will cheaper then the parts...... $350.00 complete engine with wiring harness still attached. plus access to the linkages....... so a quick response to this would be nice...... and thanks in advance for as much info as you can give, I KNOW THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE INFO ON THE FRONT PAGE CONCERNING THE 4.0 ENGINE SWAP BUT I CAN NOT ACCESS THE PAGE....IT JUST GIVES AN ERROR EVERY TIME I TRY.

SO ANY INFORMATION SHARED I WOULD BE GREATFULL FOR...