A GOOD AVERAGE

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Jbroncoh

A GOOD AVERAGE

Post by Jbroncoh »

Still working on my 302 conversion. Actually I'm still working on getting the 2.9 out of the way first, but my little 2 car garage seems to be getting very small from the parts everywhere. Anyway to make a long question short, what's a good medium asking price for these parts? A BW 1350, radiator, a complete fuel injected 2.9 with harness & computer, etc.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

i dont know but i could never sell mine but i think 500 bucks if everything was working good befor pulling it all out.
Jbroncoh

Post by Jbroncoh »

500 for everything?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I have a guy thats coming to get my engine sometime this week for $550. That is the engine, tranny, and tcase with computer and harness. This is for a 2.9L with 152,000+ miles. He came and saw and heard it run before I took it out.
Jbroncoh

Post by Jbroncoh »

& radiator?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

He didnt need/ask for it so I would give it to him if he needed it. It wont do me any good with the 5.0.

How much are you looking for? Are there a lot of miles on it?

FYI I asked for $600 originally but he offered $550. I took it in a heartbeat.
Jbroncoh

Post by Jbroncoh »

Yeah $600 is what I was thinking about asking. About the same miles as yours Phillippi. So you doing the swap too? What kind of motor mounts & radiator you have in mind?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Motor mounts are going to be 1/2" plate on 2.9L rubber mounts. Radiator im not sure on. I am going to see if I can keep the FS radiator and cut away the front clip to make it fit.

Unless someone knows of a small 4 core that I could get from a boneyard.
Jbroncoh

Post by Jbroncoh »

Have you looked at the Explorer radiator?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Can an explorer radiator handle the 5.0 heat? Most of my wheeling is done at slow speeds on the rocks so I need a good radiator and I am cheap. :D
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

some explorers/mountaineres came with the 5.0L.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Jbroncoh

Post by Jbroncoh »

Yeah what Dbrown said. Hey Phillippi, do you have a specific diagram or outline for making motor mounts out of 1/2 inch plate?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I do at home and I am at work right now. I will post a pic tomorrow. But basically its 1/2" steel plate with 2 holes in it to bolt to the block. Lower it to the inplace 2.9 mounts and mark where the bolt and guide pin holes need to be drilled. drill em then bolt into place.

UPDATE! I found the pic of the plate for the mount.
Jbroncoh

Post by Jbroncoh »

Yeah I have that pic. MRE right? I just wondered if you might have something a little more detailed. I can see that there is 7" between the block mount boss holes but exactly where do the motor mount stud & the motor mount dowel holes go? I guess like you said, I may just need to eyeball it, but if you have anything more specific let me know.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Thats the only pic I have. I plan to eyeball it as best I can. I am hoping to mark up the bolt and dowl pin and then drop the engine down marking the plate. we will see how good I am at not smearing the marking all over the plate.... :laugh: