Skyjacker FR36 or FR36S

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Happy_Jack

Skyjacker FR36 or FR36S

Post by Happy_Jack »

Thinking about buying 5.5-6" lift rear leaf springs for the 88. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two spring packs Skyjacker sells? Is there another choice I have or is Skyjacker the only one who makes new spring packs with 5.5-6" of lift for the BII.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Regardless, your gonna need a stepladder. :D
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

Had a 3" body and 2" suspension lift on the 84. Didn't need a ladder for it. :redneck: I have blocks and aal for the rear but just thinking about going with new springs. Clint ramped the FS sunday. I'll send you pic's. Might even put an aal in the back of the FS. Trailer seems to really compress the rear springs. Just thinking about getting stuff ready for Fordtoberfest. It's at Mel Hambleton though. :puke: When do you find out where you are moving to?
nettak

Post by nettak »

BDS makes a 6" lift for the B2
A woman and her truck! It's a beautiful thing.
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

I have the BDS lift but they use an AAL and Block kit for the rear. I was wanting to go with a 6" lift rear leaf spring pack. Just wondering what the difference was in the two spring packs? I suspect that the FR36S is a soft ride part. Just wondering how they work. If they flex more. How they hold up. If they sag more. Does the extra weight of the BII over the rear axle make a difference. Does anyone else make a 6" lift spring pack? Or are they 3-4" lift springs with block kits? Only thing I found on the Skyjacker site was they listed both spring packs and listed the FR36's for 4wd and the FR36S's for 2wd or 4wd.

I guess I'm asking what holds up and works the best for rear leaf spring 6" lift under the BII. I'm going to put 44 outers on my 35 (maybe even a ful size 44TTB). A full width 9" rear. C-5/4 auto. And 2 t-cases. It will be driven on the street. I will only cut to clear 36's (I would run 33's most of the time). It is an 88 and is 2wd right now. The AC works great and I want to keep it that way. The only other up grade would be a 4.0 if the engine goes south.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Can't help with the difference in springs.....maybe one comes with more leaves or an overload?

Anyway...having been there done that, I wouldn't buy aftermarket leafs again. Build some new lower spring hangers and use an OEM spring. I'm very pleased with my FS bronco springs.....and my skyjacker springs are in the garage collecting dust. I won't be going back.....and it's far cheaper than the aftermarket!