rockcrawler/nobody coil question.

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
FatMan

rockcrawler/nobody coil question.

Post by FatMan »

i dont know if this should go in the tech sec or not it's just a lil question about the eb 3.5" coils.

im gonna be ordering some coils but my cleveland is about 75 pound's heavier than a 302. im wondering if that's enough to change the lift height. right now my truck rest under a 4" fullsize lift and it sit's about as hight as nobody's rig. do you guy's think that 75 pound's is heavy enough to squat the front end or should i just get a set of 5.5" coils?
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

nobody's gone for the week camping. but, it will probably squat a little more. you might want to call duff and ask the same question. they might have the same case if someone put the same motor in a EB.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

i put a 100 pound winch on the front of my rig and didnt notice any diffarnace at all. i dont think that amount of wight will change anything. now i dont know if it will be the same hight as the coils you have right now becuase they are alot stiffer and from a bigger lift but dont know the diffrance from big bronco to little bronco
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

my rig is just a tad bit taller than nobody's rig. if you put a winch on then i might just go with 5.5 cuz im planning on putting a winch on to. thank's for the info i'll call duff and see what they think.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

accualy the wheight changes it more then you think. its kinda like putting a big block in a 4cycl. car, granted theirs like 150lb. difference in that swap but its the same princaple. the front end gets lowered and the driving charicteristics are altered. the TTB springs are stiffer then the solid axle springs. their are guys running the TTB springs in the solid axle fill size trucks that get a cheap 3" of lift, but their ride gets stiffer.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Yeah... you should probably go with the 5.5's. You can always adjust the coil buckets, but I don't think you'll need too. Heck, I can probably use 5.5's now. My 36's are all up in the firewall. Someday I'd like to be able to run 38's in the snow.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

hey thank's i think that im either gonna go with the duff 5.5 or the bc bronco 4.5 coils. i was looking on your link's at the coil compareson link. the way im figuring it i can alway's make the rear higher and the shackle flip should give me 4" of lift by it self. i plan on running 38's also i hope to have them in Feb when i get back from deployment.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

duff doesn't make a 5.5
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

Oh!!! Well i guess i'll be get'n them from somebody else. ;)