T & M doubler

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
b2binbad

T & M doubler

Post by b2binbad »

Anybody here have the T & M transfercase doubler installed?
--L
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Anyone?
Here's the link if anyone is interested.
http://www.tandmoffroadproducts.com/
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I prefer gear drive cases ;)

I hear there are some issues with the pressed together intermediate shaft.

$700 is well on the way to bigger and better things. Seems like a poor investment to put money into a chain drive aluminum case.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

i havnt heard of anyone breaking one of those t cases but with a doubler you will be putting alot more stress on it. I dont think they use the pressed in intermeteat shaft anymore and they have a custom one built now. If you plane on keeping your v6 then i say go for it because you wont have to much power but if you have planes of going with a v 8 then waight so you can get a np 205 203 doubler! Thats the way im going to do it when i get some money! (but really low on my list!)
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Yea I plan on swapping in a 302, I am trying to talk a freind out of putting in the doubler he wants to keep the 2.9L. Will a np435 go behind a 302? I guess it has a really low 1st gear then mate that to a 205. Anyways, thanks for the info, I just don't know of anyone that has put one in and what kind of results they had.
--L
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Matt (Nobody), and Wilber have NP435's behind their 302s. They are supposed to be a good manual tranny.
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Cool Thanks.
-- L
wilber

Post by wilber »

yea, i have the np435 in mine, with a 205, pretty strong set up imo. then down the road i can get the 203 205 doubler. just got mine runing after sitting for 11 months, got a few things to finish up, then there will be action pics after chubfest
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Thanks, been searching for one to put behind a 302 (Which I may have just landed :cool: )
--L
wilber

Post by wilber »

also, danger ranger on pirate, and rrorc, is runing 42s with the tandm doubler
LilBronc

Post by LilBronc »

it's a good setup just not great. if the doubler had a different ratio then it could be worth it. 1:1, 1:2.48, and 1:6.15 are the only options. When do you really want (need) 1:6.15? and $700 doesn't include the crossmember or driveshafts.
WWJD - Wheeling With Jesus Daily
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

6.15 to 1 sounds really good to me! i wish i had that or even more! trust me when your going over rocks you want low gears i hate loading up the TQ converter to go up a rock to only come flying down the other side because i havent had time to hit the brakes dont know how many times ive come close to rolling because of that. IF danger ranger has it and hasnt broken it then i wouldnt worry about it because he beats the living hell out of that truck! i saw it once and he was beating on it pretty hard.
LilBronc

Post by LilBronc »

I guess living in the Mid-West (or Great Lakes) area doesn't qualify as seeing big rocks. I guess you're right I would like to see 2.72:1, 3:1, or, 4:1 instead of twin 2.48's.
WWJD - Wheeling With Jesus Daily