body mounts

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
elun

body mounts

Post by elun »

i went to do a 3in body lift and the bodymount sleves are rusted oout where i need to cut them out do i really need them :hmmm:
Last edited by elun on Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I would replace them. They help center the body mount into the frame mount hardware.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

The sleeves are important to help keep your body attached safely and securely.

I saw the results of a body lift done with the bolt and pads only when he rear ended a pickup at about 25 mph. The body kept going while the frame stopped. the body landed in the back of the truck he hit. Fortunately no one was hurt seriously!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
dirtcowboy

Post by dirtcowboy »

Are these sleeves included with a quality body lift kit? If not, where would one obtain these sleeves?
eisle89

Post by eisle89 »

Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

Makes a body lift as expensive as a suspension lift when you do it right. Sometimes the ears on the frame need to be replaced also. And floors repaired. The back two positions, #4 and #5 are not available new. They screw together (with reverse threads I think). Positions #2 and #3 can be difficult to get apart also. The bottom sleeve goes up inside the top sleeve and the sholder of the bolt flares the top end of the bottom sleeve inside the top sleeve. I use a puller I made of exhaust pipe with a window cut in the side. If the bolt comes out of #2 and #3 ok, I put the pipe over the bottom side of the mount. I put a wrench through the window cut in the pipe on the welded nut on the bottom sleeve. I put a plate with a hole in it on the bottom of the pipe. I use the bolt I took out and screw it in the welded nut from the bottom throught the plate. Use the wrench to hold the welded nut and bottom sleeve and tighten the bolt. Pulls the sleeve out with very little damage to the sleeves. Position #1 Has a bolt the screws into the top sleeve from the bottom and a locking nut on top of that. I just used an inpact and a wrench on the locking nut and the bolts came out of mine.

I started off with a 2wd BII. I was going to up grade axles anyway. It has very little rust. Look for a 2wd in salvage yards and you might get lucky and finds used sleeves in good condition.
elun

where to buy

Post by elun »

dirtcowboy wrote:Are these sleeves included with a quality body lift kit? If not, where would one obtain these sleeves?

i only found them at bronco graveyard take offs 279.00 new about 500.00
Joel H

Post by Joel H »

Down near the bottom is how I did mine.

http://www.villanmotorsports.com/Chassis_Swap.html
Joel H

Re: tailgate

Post by Joel H »

elun wrote:i replaced my tailgate and now my window doesnt work it did before i changed it out what should i look for i took everything out nice and net. i no its not the motor :hmmm: :mad2:
Now, why on God's green earth would you change a topic and title like that? Just create a new post!!
:wtf: :confused: