want a 4" lift kit what are increase in rollover risk

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
84_4x4

want a 4" lift kit what are increase in rollover risk

Post by 84_4x4 »

i have a 1984 bronco II and want to add a 4" suspension lift kit but have been told by several people i should just break my legs and back and save my money then i would still have a truck are they really more of a rollover risk and would a roll cage be much of any help
NCBII

Post by NCBII »

ive got a 90bii with a 4in suspension and 3in body and there is a difference in how the truck handles but it isnt as top heavy as everyone told me it would be. i dont really notice it too much mainly because bronco ii's arent racecars so i dont drive mine like it is. my main problem is braking, the stock brakes just dont have the power to stop my 33x12.5's, so i spy a upgrade in the not so distant furture. i think as long as you use caution and drive like you have a brain then you should have no problems. I hope that was of some help :D
84_4x4

Post by 84_4x4 »

thanks man i want the lift just to make the truck stick out and your right about them not being race cars mines a 4 speed and love the power in low gears but once at 55-60 i have no power suck as acceleraton from there and sure lift will affect that speed to what have you noticed about power to the bigger wheels
85ranger4x4

Post by 85ranger4x4 »

It should also be pointed out that it is NEVER a bad idea to look out for your saftey and a good cage is always a nice thing to have in a truck.
http://groups.msn.com/bellinghamdualsportriders

85 Longbed 4x4
94 4.0L V6, 4.56 welded rear, L/S front, 32" MTRs
twobit66

Post by twobit66 »

OK i have a 3" body lift .. 3" suspention lift and 11.5 tires with normal offset. i have a 4.0 conversion in mine so it has NO problem laying the gadge right over. no sway bars. it leans a little taking hard turns at 50+ BUT NO were near rollover. these are not toyota's that'll lift a tire at 25.

if someone told me that it's going to roll with just a 4" lift i'd say "you need to ditch ur yota"

yes u should exersice caution and it will handle diffrent but not anything to worry about just expect it to handle diffrent.