Leaf Spring Swap

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

DBrown wrote:before you start takeing everything apart why don't you just jack up the rear and measure the leafs you have now from eye to eye and check that with the exporer leafs you have bought? with the leaf unloaded in the rear it should be the same measuremnet with the new leafs you have out.
because it's already done. ie - nevermind. no-one could help me, and i believed i looked at the ENTIRE internet, and the dealership didn't want to say anything (liability worry), so i just got in there and did it. yes, they worked, and gave me about 1 1/2" of lift above stock height. (i think, the back end is waaaaay in the air.)
TRUNK_MONKEY

Post by TRUNK_MONKEY »

BDEUCE wrote:
DBrown wrote:before you start takeing everything apart why don't you just jack up the rear and measure the leafs you have now from eye to eye and check that with the exporer leafs you have bought? with the leaf unloaded in the rear it should be the same measuremnet with the new leafs you have out.
because it's already done. ie - nevermind. no-one could help me, and i believed i looked at the ENTIRE internet, and the dealership didn't want to say anything (liability worry), so i just got in there and did it. yes, they worked, and gave me about 1 1/2" of lift above stock height. (i think, the back end is waaaaay in the air.)
it may settle down a bit too over the next few days/tanks of gas.i do guess 1 1/2 high is better than going thru it all and be short!
got a pic to post of it?
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

as per requests and my promise...

remeber, the rear wheel opening is lower on the body than the front ones.

tasty new bolts!! :D

old ones on the way out:

'new' ones going on:

rusty old eye bolts, what a time bomb!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

yummy grade 8 hardware. mMmMm

as she's sitting, it's with a full tank of gas. i can jump on the back bumper, and it comes down about half and inch.

it rides great, and removing that rear swayshit bar was the best thing i ever did.

thanks to all who helped and tried to help.

nate
TRUNK_MONKEY

there ya go

Post by TRUNK_MONKEY »

that looks honestly,like they should have been made LOL
good job mang!
i have been trying to get stuff done on our project,seems like all i do is chase parts LOL
but i did get the BTF fab DIY rear 8.8 diff cover all welded up and ground smooth.
i am heading back out to finish the left side ball joints right now.wheeee.......!!!
Andy1416

Re:

Post by Andy1416 »

BDEUCE wrote:the final answer (in my case, everyone's experience seems to differ :confused: ) about 1995 sploder springs for the b2. they did in fact fit, and they did infact lift it way more than i thought they would. it seems to be about 2 '' higher than stock. way easy too. i would recommend this to anyone. had to cut some bolts, but not impossible. disassembly took about 2.5 hours, re-assembly took 45 minutes. new u-bolts, new eyebolts, all grade 8, all torqued to reccomended specs. will post pics later...

nate
Did you have to use Bronco II or Explorer u-bolts, new eyebolts, all grade 8 hardware. Or are they both the same?