jumping rear...

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
DBrown

jumping rear...

Post by DBrown »

ok now I am realy pissed...

sorry for all of those who read this but topday was the worst I have had in about 2 months.

I was working on the Bronco today and it was going ok I was actualy doing pretty good getting stuff tunned in and little junk fixed. swapped out the pitman arm welded in the shock brackets on the rear and bolted everything together, and then it happened...I had this violent axle hop in the rear when I would first start to move the truck but it was just at the start, but I didn't have any shocks on it so I figured it would calm down so I could go on a test drive around the block. so after I spent all day working on some stuff I hop in drive it off the trailer go around the parking lot and there is still no difference but I figured I would deal with it later because have some stuff to do.

so I go to drive the truck on to the trailer. about half way up I give it a little gas to finish the job and the rear starts hopping realy bad. bad enough to hop kick the ramps out from under it slam the rear of the truck on the ground and break the driverside window inside the door :mad:

ok so now I am mad enough to burn the truck to the ground...but anyway I am thinking I have a bad case of badly worn rear springs. it only does it in reverse and at the beginning of take off and I am 100% it is comming from the rear. I am going to pull the 3rd to make sure someting didn't take a dump on me. does anyone else have any suggestions?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com