shackle flip

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
FatMan

shackle flip

Post by FatMan »

hey nobody what kind of hanger did you use to do your shackle flip? i checked the shop talk but did'nt see any write up on it. :hmmm:
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I guess I should probably throw something together about my rear suspension. I wanted to try it out first to see if it would even be worth recommending........ and now I've been wheelin the piss out of it with absolutely no complaints!

Your situation is different than mine, but hangers are about as easy as fab gets. I just zapped together some pieces of 1/4" scrap and bolted them to the frame.

You want your shackle to be at a decent angle with the suspension at rest. This will give you a softer ride and better flex.

Here's the only pic I have handy atm.

Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

So that angle is good for the rear, angled backwards? I will keep that in mind, because I am going to have to do that because my rear springs are getting worse and worse everyday!!!
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i just lifted my 89 fullsize bronco 2 1/2" and im gonna use the rear spring's from it to do the shackle flip. i will be selling my 79 fullsize bronco suspension to help finace the EB coil's and other mod's.

my plan was to use the original hanger the shackle pivot's on and just flip it. the only thing is the bolt holes wont match and i dont want to drill new holes. i could weld the hanger to a piece of flat stock and drill it to match the holes or i guess i could make my own hangers? what to do!! ohhh what to do!!!
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

have you seen these www.sky-manufacturing.com im thinking about picking up a pair on the way back from washington.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I think someone was talking about those on pirate recently.

They look good. I like how there are 2 holes for shackle adjustment.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i heard they mad the double hole so they would'nt have to make left and right sides. i guess you could use it for adjustment's though. i got a line on some EB coil's so if everything work's out i'll have my wristed arm, coil's, and hangers this week. im thinking of making some removeable finder flares so i can drive my rig on the street it sucks having to go 200 miles to work on it when i want.