Hello all

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
bsplyr500

Hello all

Post by bsplyr500 »

I just got my B2 about two days ago so i'm very new to the bronco thing. I was just wondering what size of tire (on stock wheels) i could run on a stock suspension and without doing a gear/engine swap. I don't care about the body. I bought the thing at a junkyard for 500 bucks and it runs, but the tranny has no reverse and won't shift out of second (auto). We're either going to try rebuild that or my dad's friend has a tranny in really good condition. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on it yet since i'm getting ready to go to Tech school, so cheap is good. Sorry about the long post, but I just have a lot of q's going through my head.

Thanks
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

The door tag should have the stock tire size and gear code. Bigger/taller tires without a gear change will hurt gas mileage and power. The biggest tires that came stock on a BII are 235 15's I think. Hope that helps. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your BII.
desrt_rat

Post by desrt_rat »

myself i would go with a 30x9.50, thats what i run on my ranger and i really like it, didn't even rob that much power.