Bronco II Body mount

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
LarryA

Post by LarryA »

Ok! Internet is now pissing me off! Been trying for over an hour to find a body mount bushing set for my 1990 Bronco II. Everything I see lists the years as 1984 - 1988. What's up? Is there a difference with 1989 & 1990? I'm looking for kit with all the bushings, washers, bolts (anything needed to replace the OEM ones without a lift. Ulesss I'm wrong installing even a 2" lift set will require other changess also besides just the bushings. Correct?
Anyone KNOW where I can get a replacement set and what if any difference there is between a 1988 and a 1990?
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

LarryA

Post by LarryA »

Never would have thought buying body mounts would be such a pain in the butt. Ordered what I needed from LMC Truck and order came today. Guess what? The part numbers are correct, according to thier web catalog but the Upper Center bushing (one basically under where the seats are) is only 1-1/4 inches high and the ones on the Bronco II are more like 2-1/4 inches long. I've called and am returning the order for exchange or credit.
Anyone know what the standard OEM hieght is for the upper bushing in this location? These on the truck now appear to be original but could they be extended or "lift" bushings from the factory. The Bronco II is an Eddie Bauer model.
Thanls for any help here......
dgl6y6

Re: Bronco II Body mount

Post by dgl6y6 »

could anybody give me the length of the body mount bolts? My BII is my only vehicle right now so i need to buy replacement bolts before i start cutting the old ones off. the ford parts counter told me that they were all the same except the 2 under the back seat.