boat rollers

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
89broncoII

boat rollers

Post by 89broncoII »

i was reading up last night and i heared of some people using boat rollers for a body lift my question is will it last ?
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Interesting Idea... I would think they would be to soft and the cab would move around alot especially when turning. It may give you the feel of more body roll. The flexability might help you wheelin though. I have no doubt that they would last long, I've seen some old boat trailers.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
AlbertaBoy

Post by AlbertaBoy »

I bought 12" boat rollers from Princess Auto for about $10. Cut them with my chop saw. I made 2" spacers. I don't notice and flexyness or anything. I am not a big fan of the body lift but I think I will need the room for the new tranny and motor when I get them in.
I see dumb people...they're everywhere. They walk around like everyone else. They don't even know that they're dumb.
deathmetalandrez

Post by deathmetalandrez »

i can say that my father has done it and he says it works great. My opinion is that after replacing all of my boat rollers on my trailer for a 21 foot bayliner last spring.... they are now sagging under the weight of the boat after sitting on them for a year. after thinking about it the weight of the boat is distributed perpendicular to the round edges of the rollers, so i can only assume that they would be stronger standing up ( being used as a body lift haha.)
I currently own 4 bronco 2's. Three of them are 89' of which two are 4x4 and love em. The other is an 85' 4x4 5-spd
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

it does not hold up long term the rubber is too soft and ends up splitting
twobit66

Post by twobit66 »

just to note. body spacers are Really hard plastic. not rubber. u could get some thick tubing. the go on top the the origanal rubber bushings. so anything hard will do. u don't have to and probably shouldn't use hard rubber. it's probably give u alot more bounce and body flex using rubber.

let us know how that works out.
desrt_rat

Post by desrt_rat »

plus if you don't buy the kit then you have to figure out something for the stering extension.
bronc2mudtruck

Post by bronc2mudtruck »

um the bronco i got the dude put boat rollers on it and yeah they gave out my body is slid like 2 inches foward and 2 inches to the left side now i gotta huk the body to a tree and winch the frame out some .. but hockey pucks work alot better ive done a body lift w/ that u can go from 1 to 3 inches ya kno cause hockey pucks are bout 1 inch tall just drill a hole thru the middle and run the bolts
bronc2mudtruck

Post by bronc2mudtruck »

o yeah and the steering ide cut 2 peices of little bar bout inch long and cut ure steering and then weld those to it so u got a little bit of levelinout in ure steering