f-150 coils

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
1988b2

f-150 coils

Post by 1988b2 »

has anyone ever done f150 coils on an 88 supercab 4x4 ranger?

how much lift did u get?

any modifications?

I hear that all u gotta do i bend the 2 outer tabs outward so the coil fits in.??

heres a pic of my truck
Attachments
Picture 060.jpg
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

The tabs are on the inside of the coil perch. If you are to do any lifting with springs you will need the drop brackets as well to make it look and ride right. I believe I gained 3 inches with the f-150 cil buckets. Ypu can get probably 3 more with the stock bucket. That means ypu will need 6 inch lift brackets or so. Unless ypu are putting the weight of a bigger motor on the springs, it probably isn't a good idea. Ypu will end up with what an old guy doesn't hear to much anymore... to stiff ;)
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

with f150 coils

aligned perfectly
The_BroncoII_Kid

Post by The_BroncoII_Kid »

Just curious but how hard is this todo?? Does it take any welding or cutting?? What year F-150 2wd or 4 wd?? I'm really curious seeing as I want to lift my Bronc but have very little funds and I have access to MANY 70's-80's F-150 in my local JY. One other thing why do the 4wd Rangers sit higher then my Bronco worn out saggy springs??? Any help or maybe a walk thru would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
offroadohio

Post by offroadohio »

Rangers have factory lift blocks, BII's dont.

Coil swap is pretty straight forward. unbolt shock and swaybar, and unbolt coil retainer, pop out the coil, bend the tabs and put hte 150 coil in. I used 4wd 150 coils. Not sure if 2wd will work or not.
The_BroncoII_Kid

Post by The_BroncoII_Kid »

Sounds simple enough thanks I'll be junk yard hunting this weekend for sure now :D