some pic's of stuff i've done..

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
FatMan

some pic's of stuff i've done..

Post by FatMan »

well i know it's been awhile sense i checked in but man has it been a buisy couple of months.

steel for bumpers

rocker armor was purchased through mudbogdad.

Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Looks Good!!! :cool:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

looking good. :cool: :tongue2:

i made my rear bumper just like that
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

It has been a while. The steel looks good. I need to make some front and rear bumpers if I ever get my junk put back together.... :frown:
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

thank's fellas Phillippi i know what you mean man i've been holding on to the 9" and the d44 i got forever it would seem. i have all the partrs to build them im just debating on r&p....
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Looking good. I see some nice new blue coils stashed in the garage.....wonder what those are for? :cool:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

those bumpers look good.

if you have OD I would go for the sky...never fear the gear!
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
B2JAY

Post by B2JAY »

Hey
Last edited by B2JAY on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B2JAY

Post by B2JAY »

Lookin pretty good man. Hows the new rugrat? I haven't checked in for a while myself but I wanted to see if you had any pictures posted yet upgrades, wheelin, etc. Glad the rig went to a good home. This is my new ride for now I'll hit you up soon.

PS I tryed to call you but could'nt get through???
Attachments
CRF.jpg
bailey

Post by bailey »

I like that rear bumper. My JD rear tube bumper got a little mangled last year after dumping the clutch on a steep hill and smashing against a boulder. I am now considering plagarizing yours.

I bought the same rocker armor as you, but haven't installed them yet do to other projects and a little body work. Did you simply cut off the mounting tab at the bottom of the fender an use the bolt through the slider or lower attachment?
1988 B2
d44/9"
tired 2.9L
mekcanix

Post by mekcanix »

Nice job damn i should have bought that rocker armour with you guys
Its a Bronco II thing............EVEN WE DONT UNDERSTAND
85 bronc modded up a bit
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

bailey wrote:I bought the same rocker armor as you, but haven't installed them yet do to other projects and a little body work. Did you simply cut off the mounting tab at the bottom of the fender an use the bolt through the slider or lower attachment?
yeah i cut that out cuz it made the finders boldge. i ran a 1/4" mount behind the 4 middle bold and just a bolt and washer threw the front and rear. no room for the mounts in the front and the rear would have had problems with the angle of the mount. all in all it turned out awesome and are sturdy.
mekcanix wrote:Nice job damn i should have bought that rocker armour with you guys
yeah i couldn't pass on it i had planned something else sort of like broncmans but the price of steel around here is stupid...
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

well i'll update this tonight or this morning.anyway i got the d44/9" under big blue(as my wife calls it). all the break work is done but will have some changes in the near future. the trac bar mount is finished but i almost fubared that when i grabbed the wrong size drill bit and drilled a bad a$$ hole in the mount :mad2: . i fixed it by adding some plate on each side and redrilling with the right size bit..

the rear shock mounts are done i just reused the old ones for now but that will change soon as well. the front drive shaft has been cut down about 1" with new yoke sense i fubared that to. oh and new u-joint. i got the chevy rod ends and got my reamer last week. i reamed out the knuckles and the pitman arm so im just waiting on a local guy to get back from vacation to thread me some tube for the tie rod and drag link... i measured them today at 19.5" on the drag link and 40 on the tie rod. im still trying to figure out what im going to do with my front shocks. thinking of cut out the existing ones like Matt did and running the stock 78-79 bronco shock towers.
desrt_rat

Post by desrt_rat »

lookin good FatMan. don't you hate it when you screw up like that, no one to blame but yourself. sounds like its coming along pretty good though.
bailey

Post by bailey »

Yeah - a picture update would be cool!

I'm all too familiar with the fubar. It gives some of my parts that "evolved" look.

How'd the reaming go (knuckles and pitman arm, that is)? I had done my Pitman first, and it was hard to ream and took some time. When it came time to do the knuckles I came very close to over-reaming cause I expected them to be the same.
1988 B2
d44/9"
tired 2.9L