whats under this

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
madmark

whats under this

Post by madmark »

HI evrybody
I'm new to this site and have a few questions.I'm looking at an 85 bronco2 with no engine in it and very little rust for a 100.00 bill.What rear end and what front end is under this thing?Right know I am wheeling a 78 bronco and I know where I can buy another 78 for 500.00.The plan is to buy both and take the engine,t-case ,tranny and axles out of the 78 and put in the 85 bronco2.But I read in a post on this sire that the 78 d44 is not a good axle to put under the bronco2 because the c bushing wegdes are to far apart.Couldnt you move the coil buckets on the frame out and the radus arm mount on the frame out to match the 78 d44?Or would it be easier to just put the 85 bronco2 body on the 78 frame?Sorry if that was long and confusing.
Thanx for the replies!
:usa:
78 bronco,460,L&L headers,RV cam,locked rear,4in lift 35x12.50x15 Mastercraft MT's
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

The engine isn't really going to fit, unless you do like D-diesel and put the BII body on the FS bronco chasis.

The front axle can be cut down, otherwise if you want full width you should hold out for the older axle with weld on wedges. You can space the buckets out as some have done, but "I" wouldn't do it that way.

Since you haven't bought anything yet, take a few steps back and think about what you want. Buy what you want, and don't settle for less.