got my locker.

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
PHROX

got my locker.

Post by PHROX »

yep, got my locker and 5.13 gears in, the handling is very different, I was just wondering if you guys running lockers also got wierd handling. I am wondering if the short wheel base and full width would amplify the problems. anyways, thats about it. oh, and I got stuck super bad(no pics :( but yea, went into a whole that looked about a foot deep with water. i figured whatever. but when I hit it I just sank. by the time it was said and done I was up to my headlights and tail lights in realy thick mudd. so my buddies in thier sock jeeps parked on the side of this hill infront of me, I hooked up my winch and started to pull. after pulling the two jeeps up the hill about 10 feet I was free. and so was hald the bog underneath me. spent about 10 minuts poulling debris from my axels. a full ford ranger bumper a small sheds worth of wood. and gi goe a rubber duck and a whole lot of weeds. oh, and a garden hose. anyway, the moral of this story is that harbor freight has a winch that cost about 300 bucks that can get you out of anything. so yea, if you are looking for a winch, definatly check them out.
1987 Bronco2, d44/9" locked, sweet paint job. Now with available 5.0
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Did you check your diff fluid for signs of liquid intrusion?
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

I dont know what that is.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

thats water comming in your differential.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

oh, no, there is no water.